www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:52 pm 
Tadpole

I recently purchased a 2000 238 Vista Cruiser with low engine hours. A week after I began using the boat I noted strong gas odors. I opened up the gas tank compartment and found that the gas odors were coming from the gas tank, no leaking gas just odors. After having three mechanic tell me that I had a leaking 49 gallon plastic tank I removed the tank and found no leaks. Doing research on the internet I found that some older plastic tanks can begin to emit fume. I then read a posting from the manufacturer of the Moeller plastic tank that said that their tanks made before 2011 tend to have fuming problems. I am replacing the 49 gallon tank with a 40 gallon aluminum tank made by RDS. Moeller no longer makes the 49 gallon tank. RDS is back ordered so expect about a 6 to 8 week wait for your tank. Cost of tank is $457 through Wholesale Marine 877-388-2628, free shipping. Removal of the Moeller plastic tank was easy, it only weighs about 40 pounds. Tell wholesale Marine where you want the fittings so they match the ones on your Moeller plastic tank.