www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:21 pm 
Tadpole

Hi there!

In the linked image below you can see the fabric covering the Port Side speaker on my 248 Vista is torn. I want to replace it but am hesitant on how best to remove the panel. It seems the entire vinyl cushion needs to be removed? Any insight please? And recommendation on best fabric replacement material? Thank you!

https://ibb.co/hfsVRYN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:37 pm 
email admin your custom rank

While I can't say for sure (since I don't have a Vista), I would think the panel is slid down onto a few "hangers" and is then held in place by a few screws along the bottom. Feel your way tightly along the bottom of the panel looking for screws that go into the gunwale. Take those out, then carefully pull up on the panel (do not pull outward, just straight up vertically) and it should come up and off. Then you can peel back the vinyl/fabric back which is probably stapled onto the plwood supporting the panel.

Hopefully someone with a Vista that has removed those panels can provide more accurate information. This is just my best-guess.

Choice of tow vehicle:
'93 Explorer 4x4 (sold)
'05 Grand Cherokee 4x4 w/ 5.7 Hemi (member of the 240k+ mile club!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:01 pm 
email admin your custom rank

That needs new vinyl and new foam. All panels come off. Some are obviously easier than others to remove. I agree that most *usually* pull straight up once any hidden screws (if any) are removed. I would attempt recovering a small one like that myself, but some that are fitted can be challenging and are best left to a local repair shop (many of these places do both auto and marine work). You can save a lot if you can pull that panel yourself and take it to them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:57 am 
Guppy

I have a V248 and replaced mine last year. There are a couple of screws that hold the panel on. One of them is kind of hidden - at the bottom of the area where your fabric is ripped. The panel will lift off once you get all the screws out. Then it comes apart and you can replace the torn fabric.