www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raising helm seat?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:14 pm 
wkearney99

Anyone got ideas on how to best setup something that allows raising the helm seat in the 05-up 348 Vista series? The admiral spent some time at the helm this past weekend and immediately commented on there not being a good way to use the helm seating while up on plane. I commented "welcome to my world" as it's been my job to stand at the helm for 2 hours for all our trips this season.

I've got the electric seat slide option but have never used it (and wouldn't miss it were it gone). The area under the seat has an open storage pocket. The second helm seat is over a storage area with a door. I'd be willing to lose the storage pocket if necessary.

I'm thinking along the lines of gas raised pedestal but I'd want it to be able to return to the same level as the second helm seat right next to it. It might even be interesting to consider some sort of forward tilted pedestal. This way as it got taller the angle would move it forward (slightly) toward the helm. Otherwise as it went up it'd be going further back from the steering wheel.

Anyone done or seen such a modification?

Post subject: Quickie Seat Height fix
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:47 pm 
Goldfish

Bill,

I doubt there is anything reasonably priced to adjust the vertical height of your current seat. Do you have a Throwable cushion (Type V Flotation Device)? I ended up using that with some of those anti-skid rubber placemats to prevent shifting. I did also install an adjustable footrest that is mounted below the steering wheel. As you raise the height, it's nice to rest your feet so they are not dangling.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 pm 
wkearney99

With a boat one has to define "reasonable". I'd be willing to spend a bit to get something that looked right. And I agree having some sort of support for the feet is important. The helm seats in there now have flip-up bolsters and even with those it's really not as high as I'd like it.

Tangentally I'm wondering about just how well the trim tabs are working. They do bring the bow down quite a bit but since I'm ON the boat I haven't ben able to see if that's 'enough'.