www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:58 am 
Guppy

Anybody have any suggestions as to where to store the sunpads while not in use? We seem to have more cushions and pads laying around -- 3 for the pullout couch; the pad that converts the deck table to a lounge; and the two sunpads. I hate just to throw them down below, but can't find another suitable place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:10 am 
wkearney99

There's no good place to stow them on the 348 either. It's very annoying. You'd think they could've at least designed the cushions with actual storage in mind. The foredeck sunpads don't even fold neatly. The sunpad/table pad is too tall to fit vertically in the mid-cabin berth. The sofa pads won't fit through the holes in the bench underneath the sofa. It's just bad design.

Then there's the fact you can't store the table itself anywhere...

One hopes they'll listen to current customers and at least help out future buyers. Meanwhile we're stuck.

I just toss 'em all onto the forward berth and shut the stateroom door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:20 pm 
Mental Floss

Ours get stored in our closet at the house. Can't say we have used them much.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject: Pad storage
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:14 pm 
Minnow

I have a 2005 298. The pad for the cockpit table I velcrod to the port side wall of the aft cabin. There was just enough height. Because of storage issues, I never keep the fiberglass cockpit table on the boat but rather used the formica platform designed to support the cockpit filler cushion. The 298 had storage in portside wall behind the cushion where the table fits.

As for the foredeck sunpads, I leave them on all the time. Had a canvas place make a lightweight canvas cover that snaps under the cusions to protect from overexposure when the boat is not in use. Very lightweight and just folds up into a small square that can be stored in a galley draw or just about anywhere on the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:12 pm 
wkearney99

Hey, that's a neat idea getting a canvas cover to put over the bow sun pads. I'd be a little worries about mold developing under there however. But it gives me an idea to get a canvas BAG custom made for them. That'd at least make them a bit less ungainly to get back through the windshield. And then keep 'em from unfolding down in the cabin below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:13 am 
Dolphin

They are designed to stow on the forward berth. Otherwise just take them home, put them in the attic indefinitely and resign yourself to the fact that the second owner will enjoy your boat much more than you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:34 am 
wkearney99

They're not "designed" to stow anywhere. The forward berth often ends up being the "least worst" place to keep them. The three sections don't neatly fold. So it ends up being a bit of a pain dragging the below without having at least one section flap loose, just ready to catch on a sharp edge.

As for the smart-ass comment about next owner, please, give it a rest.