www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:21 pm 
Seahorse

On my '03 268 Vista, the mooring cover leaves a pretty big gap where the cover fits around the radar arch. The boat is in storage, so I can't take any pictures to show you what I mean--the gaps left plenty of room for rain water to get in. The boat is new to me for the last months of the '06 season--I think I was putting the cover on right.

I was wondering if this is common, and if anyone had any pictures of their mooring cover on their vista (where it hooks up with the radar arch)? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:47 am 
Andiamo

Jeffery, I do not use my mooring cover all that often, unless a nasty storm is forecasted with expected high winds. Then I usually put the mooring cover on to reduce windage in the slip, and I have never noticed much accumulation of rainwater in the boat. I know what you are talking about, but my cover slips into a plastic guide on the inside of the radar arch, and Velcro to keep it fast at the openings. It definitely is more open at that spot than the Full Camper Canvas, but seems to work O/K, especially since I only use it during a bad storm. If the boat was not shrinkwrapped already, I would take some pic's and send to you. Check to make sure your cover is passing thru the plastic guides. Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:44 pm 
268 Vista

Are you guys talking about a cockpit cover or a mooring cover ? Don't know if I have ever seen a 268 with a mooring cover. Those would cover the entire boat from bow to stern.

:?: :?: :?:

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:16 pm 
Andiamo

The cover I was referring to is a cockpit cover. It covers the windshield and snaps along the bottom of the windshield and is supported with two aluminum adjustable poles, one at the helm and one at the cockpit area, and snaps all around with straps at the stern that secure to the stern rail. I think this is the only cover offered in 2004 other than the camper canvas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:51 pm 
268 Vista

That makes sense. That is the same set up we have on our 268, w/o the arch.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:07 pm 
Seahorse

Thanks--sorry about using the wrong name. From your description, I'm talking about the cockpit cover as well.

I didn't even know about the guides! I'm guessing that's my problem! Thanks

I'll have to wait a few months to test it out, but this sounds like the answer (although it didn't seem like the cockpit cover had enough play in it to reach all the way over to get snug up to the side of the boat/arch).

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Here is a picture of our old boat. You can see where the cover slides into on the arch.

Also here is the best picture I have of our cover.

Hope this helps some for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:09 am 
Mental Floss

There is a track mounted to my arch that a piece of cord that is stitched to the cockpit cover slides through to attach the cover tight to the arch. It's not perfect but does a darn good job...no gaps.

I'll see if I can post a pic today.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:56 pm 
Seahorse

Thanks for your help.

I don't even think my boat has those types of guides. The picture helps me better explain my gaps--they are at the rear of the radar arch, where the cover moves in to go around the inside of the arch. From your picture, it looks like yours is completely covered (is there some sort of extra piece of cover over the area by the rear of the arch?) where mine gaps open. I've got to think that I'm doing something wrong. I only used the cover twice during my few months of owning it during the tail end of the last season. Thanks again

Jeff