www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 am 
Shark

You are on the right track with the plunger...if there is waste in the line due to an incomplete flush, it will not build any vacuum due to the duckbills unable to close or whatever. A little plunger action to push everything through should get everything back to normal. We have had this happen before as well, and the plunger took care of the issue.

2001 Silverton 35C 8.1L Crusaders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 am 
Clownfish

Plunger was the way to go. Everything works again.

BUT . . .

Now I have a vacuum leak! Pump keeps turning on with a bowl full of water about every 30 seconds. I can hear some sort of hiss from the bathroom, but it is very faint. I will crawl down in engine compartment this weekend to see if it is louder down there.

Hopefully it is just a band-clamp that need to be tightened down. (cross fingers)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:05 pm 
Shark

I read somewhere that over enthusiastic use of a plunger can cause a problem with the duck bill valves. The push stroke with the plunger is OK but the return stroke can turn a duck bill valve inside out. I haven't had this experience but it seems to make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:54 pm 
Guppy

A few people used my toilet yesterday and now it does not work. It does not make the vacuum noise anymore.
I tried pumping it out from the deck and then from the toilet itself but it's still not working.

Is there is a location of the hoses I can clear. I know some people mention that I should open if you hoses but I'm not sure where these hoses are for me to open them and clean them.

I have a 2007 vista 358

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:39 am 
email admin your custom rank

If you think it's a clog first check right at the toilet. Turn off the water and step on the lever and look down and see if you can see past the ball. I had a clog once at the toilet and had to push it through then it was ok.
Before you open anything up check the system is pressurizing. Take a multi meter and verify it's getting power.
If you can see there is not clog at the toilet and it's getting power then you will have to start taking the system apart. I would be very careful taking it apart because if its pressurized it could, well make make a mess... Wear goggles or a face shield if you have one.
Taking the toilet apart is not too bad but I haven't had the pleasure of opening the duck bills. I hear its not a good job.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am 
Guppy

babbot1 wrote:
If you think it's a clog first check right at the toilet. Turn off the water and step on the lever and look down and see if you can see past the ball. I had a clog once at the toilet and had to push it through then it was ok.
Before you open anything up check the system is pressurizing. Take a multi meter and verify it's getting power.
If you can see there is not clog at the toilet and it's getting power then you will have to start taking the system apart. I would be very careful taking it apart because if its pressurized it could, well make make a mess... Wear goggles or a face shield if you have one.
Taking the toilet apart is not too bad but I haven't had the pleasure of opening the duck bills. I hear its not a good job.
Good luck.

I tried pump out from inside but I didn't hold it too long. I was scared to damage something.
What about a normal household plunger?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:22 am 
email admin your custom rank

If it's not a clog right at the toilet, be careful. You can ruin or plug the duckbills then you will have to take it apart and replace them. Do a google search on what the duckbills look like so you get an idea of how they work if you never looked at them. If its a clog right at the toilet then stick something down there to push it through the small opening at the bottom.
One other thing to verify is your battery is fully charged and the vaccuflush pump is running. That's how I got a clog at the toilet. The battery died and the vaccuflush wasn't fully pressurized.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:19 am 
Minnow

My toilet pump started acting up a few days ago. The pump would turn on and not stop. So I would only turn it on before flushing then turn it off.

I tried flushing some warm water a few times while I looked in the engine bay at the tank/pump assembly right behind the starboard fuel tank. I saw it was leaking from the top of the whole assembly.

I did the deed yesterday. I opened everything up. Replaced the duckbills (there are 4) and the bellows. When I took the pump assembly apart on the platform to clean it, I could see daylight through the bellows, hence the replacement. This is probably why the pump was always running: it was loosing vacuum pressure through a hole in the bellows.

Not a fun job, but it needed to be done. Glad I had rubber gloves and closed my mouth! Kudos to me, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:24 am 
Minnow

smokemaker wrote:
A few people used my toilet yesterday and now it does not work. It does not make the vacuum noise anymore.
I tried pumping it out from the deck and then from the toilet itself but it's still not working.

Is there is a location of the hoses I can clear. I know some people mention that I should open if you hoses but I'm not sure where these hoses are for me to open them and clean them.

I have a 2007 vista 358

The assembly you need to look at is right behind the starboard fuel tank in the engine bay. The hose from the toilet goes there and the hose to the holding tank starts there. If there is a problem in one of the hoses, you can definitely start there. There isn't much room to work but it's doable. I spent many hours there yesterday.

There is a pressure switch and a pump. The pressure switch senses the vacuum pressure inside the system and if it is too low, sends power to the pump to start. Before opening everything up, I would test the pressure switch and the pump. if you unplug the connector for the pump and connect the pump directly to a battery via alligator clips for a few seconds, you'll know if your pump is working. That will help you isolate where the problem is.