www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Pod Installation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 am 
Minnow

I have a 2005 298 Vista. I would like to install an i pod connection for the coming season.- hopefully to run to the helm. Can anyone provide some ideas or advice on the best installation. Pictures would be great.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:18 am 

http://www.ifourwinns.com/forum/viewtop ... light=ipod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:49 pm 
AGE < LOA

Depends upon your cd reciever. Get the manual and see if you can connect a device that allows you to plug in as an AUX input. I have a sirius stiletto and this is how I connected it in the car. Don't bother with an FM modulater - they're junk. The device allows you to feed into the reciever using RCA jacks. You get a conversion plug that converts the headphone jack (going into the ipod) to rca connectors that plug into the converter.

Post subject: ipod Installation
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 am 
Minnow

Careful of the products offered out there. I did a little research through Crutchfield and found that many of the ipod connection units that are add-ons (the ones that supply power and read-out on the display) really limit the capability of the ipod. For example, the functions on the ipod are disabled when it is connected and you can only play a few pre-established playlists or the Ipod from A-Z.

That wouldn't work for me. Although I like the concept of charging it while I use it, I opted for the Clarion CMD-5 unit with just and auxillary ipod jack. It was a bundle that came with the head unit, wireless remote the ipod jack and 2 speakers for $399 from West Marine.

The Jack only has about 12 inches of wire behind it and I wanted it mounted at the helm so I purchased 25' of RCA cable and a set of male-to-male converters from Radio shack. Ran the wires to the helm, mounted the waterproof aux Jack and there it is. I can control everything from the helm now. Of course, I need cahrge the ipod with a 12V charger, but oh well. It's worth it for the flexibility.