www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:26 pm 
Tadpole

My 200 horizon leans to the driver side at slow speed and will then lean to the passenger side at approx 35 MPH. Does anyone know if this is nomal for this boat? One blade on the prop has a tiny bend the is only detectable by feeling it. I also installed a lowerance side scan transducer to the starboard side which is larger then most 1.5 in X 5 in. Not sure if the transducer is acting like a trim tab? Also wondering by design why the battery is mounted on the starboard side when taking into consideration general weight and balance of the boat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:37 am 
Seahorse

I have two batteries on the driver side in my 203 same haul as the 200. I keep my livewell on the passenger side full when on the lake for the same problem. You could probably put some weight over there and it should cure your issue. That or install some trim tabs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 am 
french 829

I have been experiencing a similiar issue that my 2005 H230 always seems to lean to the starboard side. The dual batteries and my new sub and amp are all mounted on the starboard side. Even when the boat is tied off with others or in the slip, you can see it noticably leaning. I have been trying to figure out how to even out the weight distribution without moving the batteries, amp, or sub (maybe more beer and ice in the cooler?). I am strongly considering adding trim tabs for next season as well.

2011 Nissan Armada Platnum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 pm 
Sting Ray

I have an H200 and experiencing the same thing. I was actually considering posting the same question. While sitting or idling through "no wake" I notice the boat leans to the starboard side, while up on plane the boat drives straight, doesn't pull but seems the have a slight lean to the port side if looking straight across the bow (I thought it was my driving the caused it.) As for the lean at slow speeds, I'm not trying to sound mean or ugly, but it seems every guest we bring along loves to sit right behind the driver all the way to the side on the bench across the back. Not that I am small , but they aren't really either. It seems they would notice the weight needs to be evenly distributed. I would never ever dare to suggest to a female that they should scoot over to even the weight. Oh well, I am interested to see other replys or suggestions.

(BTW is this under Vista???)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:13 pm 
email admin your custom rank

My H250 leans to the driver side also. This is true at rest, at idle speed, and cruising (though I'll offset with the trim tabs). I can't figure out why. Shifting weight to the other side doesn't make an appreciable difference. My full cooler, food, towels, other gear gets placed on other side, and it doesn't even out. Very strange. I guess the double batteries may play a role.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 am 

Xavid, don't forget the freshwater tank on the H250 is starboard as well. That can be ~100lbs when topped off. Add the battery weight (~120 lbs for both) and you've got some weight to contend with. I don't use the fresh water tank on my H250, and I only have a slight list starboard (so little I rarely have to trim out with the tabs). Plus I easily outweigh my wife by 100lbs. I bet if I filled my fresh water tank, I would be using the trim tabs more.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm 

JDW250 wrote:
Xavid, don't forget the freshwater tank on the H250 is starboard as well. That can be ~100lbs when topped off. Add the battery weight (~120 lbs for both) and you've got some weight to contend with. I don't use the fresh water tank on my H250, and I only have a slight list starboard (so little I rarely have to trim out with the tabs). Plus I easily outweigh my wife by 100lbs. I bet if I filled my fresh water tank, I would be using the trim tabs more.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll empty out the antifreeze/water combination that's in there. I don't use it either (obviously). What do you do to maintain it, if anything?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:55 am 

Nothing yet, but that's only because I just bought it this spring. It was empty when I bought it, and I have yet to fill it. I'm going to read up on the manual this fall to make sure I don't need to do anything else assuming it's already dry.

As far as the OP, I've never heard of a boat leaning to different sides at different speeds (without obvious manipulation via trim tabs). My apologies for highjacking your thread. Maybe that transducer is playing with your balance in some way. Does it hang down below the hull?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 pm 
Tadpole

Well I've solved my leaning issues, first the starboard lean at slow or when docked, I moved the battery to port side of the boat seems to have level'd the boat. I can only imagine that fourwinns must mount the battery on the starboard to save cable costs over the production run. I used a accessory block and 24 feet of #1 cable to run the cable along the back of the motor and up the side to keep the cables out of the way. Second issue was the boat port side bow diving at higher speed. The lowerance structure scan uses 2 transducer. The larger one of the 2 (mounted on the starboard side) was in fact acting like a trim tab, I moved it up 1/2inch so that it is just above the bottom of the hull and boat runs level at higher speed I managed 47 mph on GPS with no leaning issues.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:01 am 

Glad you got it taken care of.