www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 pm 
Tadpole

Hi All,

With a new boating season fast approaching I was wondering if anyone had any TIPS or suggestions as it relates to the AC/Heating system in the 268 Vista and commissioning it for the season. We just purchased the boat last April. It is a 2005 268 Vista and it is the first time I am putting it in the water after storing it for the winter.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions as it relates to the topic. If there are any other suggestions or things that you think I should know or do prior to putting it in the water that too would also be greataly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 pm 
Shark

Welcome to the forum. The AC system is pretty straight forward. If you are in a cold climate it was probably winterized. I would check to make sure the hose clamps are tight and the seawater strainer is clean. I'm fairly certain the pump is self-priming so once it is in the water, open the seacock and turn the system on.

Other things to do before launching is to touch up the bottom paint, change the lower unit oil if it wasn't done as part of winterizing (check the level at a minimum) and a good hull cleaning and wax job.