www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hanging Pictures
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:58 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I know there are a couple of 348 owners here. I was just wondering if any hang pictures in there boats. We have the private stateroom on ours. And are thinking of hanging some pictures on that wall and the wall where the head is. I was just wondering if the walls were wood. Or what you guys used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:59 pm 
Minnow

Hi !
I would recommend to hang pictures using velcro, otherwise they will fall when the boat jumps in a wake zone. Use a very thin and light frame, dont use glass!.
Enjoy your boat, I go out every weekend with my family in the Miami intracoastal waterways. We see dolphins every afternoon around 2:30 pm
I have a dinghy attached to the transom, and my kids love it.
All the best,

Moico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:12 pm 
wkearney99

Moico is right, avoid using glass and go lightweight. I tried many different methods and found the only reliable choice is heavyweight velcro. I found it was best to use four strips about a half-inch wide, placed near each corner. Make sure there's nothing else on the back. This will help spread the load while also keeping the frame from moving due to wave action.

The trickiest part is making sure you've got the picture straight before securing the velcro. I used some of the 'sticky clay' adhesive used to put posters on drywall. Those tended to stick to the vinyl covering the walls better than the frame. That gave me a good idea of where to place the velcro without marking up the wall with an ink. But this was only because I was using the thick type of velcro. That was the only sort I could find that had a glue good enough to stay attached to the vinyl wall covering. I've since see some other velcro selections at the hardware stores that claim to be for heavier use without being 'permanent'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:10 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Thanks guys. I will try that out. Its is getting closer for the season for us. Have to get things ready.