www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:06 pm 
Guppy

Hi, new to this site.Glad I found it !! Long story short, bought an 02 378 Vista with 2 new motors [8.1 volvo ] Found out after I bought it they were replaced due to water ingestion.We never got it out of the slip for delivery b/c of engine noise that was hidden to me during the sea trial.Now both new motors [1 year old ] have the same problem. The dealer put in the updated manifolds and risers and cant seen to get the 15 inch hieght from the top of the riser to the center line of exhaust output. The marina,Volvo,and fourwinns have no answer for me or fix. Its been almost a year since we bought it and haven't used it yet!!!! I know some of the big blocks have this problem but each manufacturer has a fix for it. But the Volvo/Fourwinns fix is not working for me. Any suggestions or ideas??? Any help would be appreciated more than words can describe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:19 pm 
wkearney99

Have they considered different routing of the exhaust? Like out completely different locations through the hull?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:47 am 
Mental Floss

Did you have the boat surveyed by a professional before the purchase?

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:37 pm 
Guppy

yes and no.... we bought the boat from a broker who had a friend in the surveyer business that "would save us some money and redo the survey"since he had surveyed the boat for the second owner 4 months ago.Which means the second owner bought the boat and knew there was a problem so he sold the boat. The surveyer never did the survey, just change the names on the old survey to ours. We didn't find this out till months after the fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:43 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Where did you buy the boat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:20 pm 
Guppy

I dont think they have thought about changing the exhast exit.I just went and seen a 2006 leftover of the same boat/engine combo and the exhast doesn't look any different than what I have.And thats supposed to be the new design for this problem. So I dont really know what the new exhast design should look like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:23 pm 
Guppy

I bought the boat from a broker [Marris yatch group } in Ct. The broker calls me about ever month or so and asks hows the boat? WHAT,its not fixed yet?!Like hes really conserned. F*** him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:58 pm 
Andiamo

I don't know what part of CT you are from, but if you are anywhere near Hartford, call Bryan Douglas at G&R (860) 290-7855! I bought my 268 Vista from him, and he is a real "Stand Up" guy and will take care of you IMO! I know a few others in this forum have had great experiences with Bryan also. If he can't help you, he will say so! If he says he can help, he will!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:13 pm 
Guppy

We where at G&R today! thats where we looked at the 06 leftover.We're about 45 minutes from there.I didn't say anything that i have a boat,or broken boat at that B/C I wanted to sneek a peek at the 06 which is sold.But I will definetly call him up and see if he has any info for me or what the marina could be doing wronge. thanks for help.