www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 238 Vista
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 pm 
Tadpole

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and boating in general. I just got a 1995 four winns 238 vista and i have a few questions. First, can i use the 89 octane enthanol free gas in this boat or should i be using 93? Second, when im using my inline flushing system is my motor supposed to be off? I'm storing it in saltwater if that helps with question #2. Also is there a reccomended prop size for this boat? Had a few problems with this boat in the begining so now thats its fixed i want to keep it that way. lol.

Thanks everyone

Post subject: Re: 238 Vista
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 pm 
Shark

Welcome to the board. Your engine will be just fine with 89 octane, just try stay away from the ethanol as you mentioned. Can't answer the flushing question but my GUESS would be engine off. As for prop size, the right size would allow whatever engine you have to reach the maximum RPM, no more...no less. Should be able to find the info in your owners manual or online search. Good luck.

Post subject: Re: 238 Vista
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:39 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Welcome to the Four Winns family. Make sure you read your owner's manual. As for prop size, it depends on what you want....holeshot or top speed. If you're looking for a holeshot (getting up on a plain faster), like a 15:1 or a 17:1 pitch. That is how many inches foward movement for 1 revolution (depending on zero prop slippage). A higher number pitch (21:1 or a 23:1) will produce more top end speed.
Your pitch should be stamped somewhere on your current prop. Also, the type (stainless steel or aluminum) will also play a part. The stainless will not flex as much.

If you're keeping her in salt water, don't forget your bottom paint and to replace your zincs....

Good luck and good boating.

Previous boats:
2003 Four Winns 248 Vista - sold
1994 Sunbird Corsair 200 - sold
1980 Checkmate Predictor - sold