www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:51 am 
Seahorse

Hi, when flushing out and cleaning our fresh water tank this weekend, had a strange occurrence. On the 3rd fill up (after filling, flushing twice right before), while fililng, the fill line where we had the hose filled up, and wouldn't take anymore water, even though the water tank was only 1/4 full or so. I suspected a venting issue, but on the 268 I can't find that the water tank even has a vent (the manual schematic shows a water tank vent on the 248, and not on the 268).

Well, I then opened the transom shower head (with the fresh water pump in the off position), and the water fill line overflowed (where I put the hose in to fill)--water came shooting out about a foot high when I opened the transom shower head (by open, I switched the switch on the shower head to the open position). I am assuming this is an air/vent issue, or maybe I was filling the tank too quickly, but I tried again more slowly and had similar issues.

I got the tank about 3/4 full, and am going to try to fill it slowly later today. Has anyone seen this before, or have any idea what's going on here? I've never had fill problems before with this boat/no issues. Thanks

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:38 pm 
Seahorse

Ok--just filled it, very slowly, and had no problems. Might have to file this one away as an 'unknown'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:17 pm 
Mental Floss

I'm guessing you have a partial clock in your vent. I had a similar issue. A spider spun a web that restricted the vent enough to cause a problem.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"