www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:33 pm 
AGE < LOA

Brett,

I can help you out with a few of them. First, the shower sump is just for the shower. Mine was full of water and rancid. I thought it was strange why it was full of water and when I removed the lid and played with the float, nothing happened. Pulled on the wires and they were all corroded half in the connector half out. Rewired and pulled the entire sump out to clean it completely. Got rid of all the mold and scum. FYI it does leave some residual water - I shop vac'd it out. The pump sits to one corner so depending how the boat is sitting will dictate how much water remains. But even tilting it to the pump and holding up the float there is still probably 1/2 cup of water left in there... Anyway, tried it out and it shoots water out the side. Bummer, I need a graywater tank.

The toilet - I'm in the same boat 8) I'd also like to see how it works but I also have the pickup.

Once your shorepower is connected and you throw the main fuse my vista has a separate fuse for the battery charger / something else. You have to throw that to on for the charger to power up.

Does your boat have a seperate graywater tank? I hate the thought of swimming in my shower water / sink water! Wasn't sure if they come standard now or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:40 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Bren,

Shower and Head Sink and Galley Sink drain overboard (and I beleive graywater discharge is legal, right?) Only the head goes to a blackwater holding tank.

The idea of gray water doesn't bother me.. Fish farts are worse than gray water :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:27 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

More water system questions...

I haven't found the water system diagrams in the manuals yet, I am sure they are in there..

Here's the question.... When I hook up "city water" does the city water fill the holding tank, or do you still need to manually fill the tank (that doesn't make sense to me). But it doesn't seem like the holding tank fills when I hook up the garden hose to the city water inlet.

Thanks in advance! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:38 pm 
AGE < LOA

The way I understood it in the manual, the holding tank is bypassed with the city water connection; there is a seperate fill neck for the potable water holding tank. Any truth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:06 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

Bren,

Looking at the routing diagram that looks to be the case. There is a one way check valve in the system to block City Water from entering the tank. In retrospect this is probably done to keep the tank from being damaged by the 35PSI pressure at the city water hookup. I don't beleive the holding tanks can take that kind of pressure and the shurflo pump is mounted after the tank as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:54 am 
email admin your custom rank

Your right, you have to fill the water tank from the fill opening. City water won't fill it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:47 pm 
Shark

On my 2000 248, the city water will fill my hotwater tank, but it does bypass the holding tank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:22 pm 
Mental Floss

The city water bypasses the tank and using the fill is the only way to fill the tank.

I have been using a liquid water freshener I found with the RV stuff at WallyWorld that works very well keeping the water and tank fresh. it's a big job down here where it is warm year around. It's about $6 a bottle.

Also (shameless plug to follow) you may want to get a FlowGuardian to protect yourself when hooked up to city water. It will automatically shut off the water after a set number of gallons should your city water pressure regulator fail and high pressure burst a water line in the boat. It's not good to have unchecked water running into the boat until some one discovers it or the boat sinks because the bilge pump gave up the ghost.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:23 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Jvalich,

I appreciate the "shameless plug" I checked out your site a few weeks ago and I gotta say, great product and great idea! I don't really have to worry about my 248 sinking in the driveway (I don't slip boats) so I am safe (I check my boat daily, I am usually on it, doing something, daily). If I was slipped I would buy your failsafe no questions asked!

Have you ever tried the 1/4 cup of bleach per 15 gallons of freshwater trick referenced in the manuals once a season? I know bleach will kill most bacteria. Flushing the tank is a pain though. Do you guys have any tips on how you flush? Is there another way (quicker way) other than filling up the tank and leaving the faucets run?

Thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:27 pm 
Mental Floss

I've done the bleach trick twice. As to flushing the tank, ain't found a way other than disconnecting it. I think the next time I'm going to remove it and clean it. Where it's located for me it will be an easy job.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"