www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:25 pm 
Shark

I just took out my manual pump head and put in a electric flush. Has anyone doe this? Can I use the wiring for the overboard discharge? If so, where can I connect the circuit to power?

BTW I have a 2000 248.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:01 pm 
AGE < LOA

Hmm. I'd think you could use the existing switch, run the signal wires to a contactor and bring in whatever gauge wire you spec by adding a breaker on the panel. Would probably be similar to installing a windlass. Sounds like a good project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:32 am 
Shark

I have the old head out and have inspected the wiring. THe wiring to the switch is the proper gauge. I want to use as much of the factory wiring as possible. Does any one know where the overboard discharge wiring go to? From the wiring and layout diagrams, it looks like the maciator pump area. Does anyone know where the pump was supose to be located?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:40 am 
The Real Dr.Evil

The mascerator should be located on the starboard side of the engine compartment. (That's where it is on my 06 248 with OB Discharge)

Just look for this Image in the engine compartment :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:04 am 
Shark

Brett248Vista wrote:
The mascerator should be located on the starboard side of the engine compartment. (That's where it is on my 06 248 with OB Discharge)

Can you tell me what color wires go to it? I just want to close the circuit to use the power for the vacuflush head.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:24 am 
Mental Floss

vacuflush and electric heads are two completely different animals. A manual head can be converted to an electric generally with a kit. The head still uses raw water to fill and flush.

A Vacuflush head uses the potable water source for fill and flush, has a separate tank before the holding tank that creates and stored the vacuum to flush the bowl with.

All can have overboard discharge as that is a system between the holding tank and a thru hull. It is independent of how the poop gets to the holding tank.

Removing a manual head and replacing it with a vacuflush head will be a complicated costly process. Converting a manual to an electric should be in the neighborhood of $300

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:52 pm 
Shark

Sorry.. my fault.. it's an electric head (not vacuflush).

I installed this last weekend is it is looking pretty good. I was able to use the existing wiring and just run a ground back to the fuse panel. I was even able to use the overboard discharge switch for flushing.

Thanks for the help.