www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1990 285 Vista
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:36 pm 
Tadpole

So I upgraded from a '79 25' Formula cruiser to a new project boat last week, the 1990 285 Vista Cruiser.

I must like biting off more than I can chew, because while the boat is in overall decent shape it was entirely oxidized and the list of what works is considerably shorter than the list of what does work.

Luckily, Ive been able to get the motors / ignition / trim working without any big headaches. My buddy has done and awesome job with the hull using 3m's super rubbing compund. I've ordered all the parts I need to get the outdrives in good shape again so I'm just waiting for the parts to arrive before I start into them.

While I've been waiting for parts, I started down the list of non-working electrical items. So far I think I've got everything running except the trim tabs, engine bilge switch, mid-cabin bilge and the windlass> I've pretty much hit a wall in where the problem is because I can't read a wiring schematic. Does anyone here on the Forum have a similar Vista in the MN area I could take a look at or who could send me pictures of the dash wiring? If not that i may hire someone that really knows boat electrical to help me out. (Essentially, there are a bunch of wires not connected to anything behind the dash panel that I can't figure out what they should be connected to or if they're related to the problems above.

Anyway, thought I'd share and say hi. Glad I found this forum!
Bill