www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A/C Appliances
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:25 am 
ShanMan

I noticed the only 120V A/C outlet on our Vista is outside under the "refreshment center."

For those of you that drink coffee, what kind of coffee pot do you use? Do you brew it outside? Am I supposed to run an extension cord inside?

I know Overton's sells a slew of 12VDC appliances, but if the boat has an inverter, why wouldn't I want to use regular household appliances?

What about charging a cell phone? Same question, am I supposed to do that outside or did I miss more 120VAC outlets somewhere else?

Sorry for my ignorance, We won't take delivery of the boat until sometime this week (with luck).

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:16 am 
Andiamo

ShanMan, unless they changed it on the 278, we have a AC outlet over the galley, under the cabinetry facing forward just behind the porthole opening. We also have an AC outlet in the head.

Before we had the Vista, I used a 12V coffee maker on the 215 Sundowner, and it took forever to brew and really drained the battery. We now use a small 5 cup Mr. Cofee type drip pot and it works out much better for us. The problem with the coffee maker is that most of them draw at least 8 amps so you have to make sure you have the output on the inverter.

For charging the cell phone, the small cupholder size portable inverter was inexpensive and works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:15 pm 
Mental Floss

There should be a 120 AC outlet at the galley. I brew coffee all the time on the wetbar/entertainment center of my 288 Vista. I use a cheapy Mr. Coffee pot without issues.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"