www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:44 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

So just for giggles I decided to remove the access hole to the shower sump to see if the sump had anything funky growing in it and might need cleaning.

Upon removal of the access cover I found 1.5 to 2" of icky standing water in the bilge. I immidiately took out the shower sump and there is a crack on the multi port manifold where the shower drain connects. I have no idea if this happened when it was built or if when it was winterized someone cracked the port.

I pumped the water out with my hand pump and I am calling my dealer tomorrow to see if any warranty covers this item, I also sent an email to Rule to see if they would just sell the sump container without the guts since it's new.

Anyone have any idea why this area didn't drain into the bilge though? I didn't stick my head down in there with a flashlight to see if there was a possible plugged limber hole or something else.

Also do you think the water could have come from anywhere else? After I replace the sump I will keep tabs on this area to make sure no more water shows up out of the blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:09 pm 
Mental Floss

There should be a limber hole but depending upon the angle the boat was sitting at, it may not be low enough.

Rule will probably replace the whole sump. They have good customer service.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:14 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Jvalich,

I beleive they make a great product but I've never dealt with thier CS before. If they don't cover it, that's no big deal I will just buy a new one but I'd rather just buy the sump enclosure since that's all I need. We'll see what they have to say before I call the dealer.

I figured there should be a limber hole in there somewhere. I don't have the boat at a very steep angle at the moment so that could be why it wasn't draining. Or perhaps the limber hole is plugged, I will have to take a look see.

Thanks for the reply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:49 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

JV,

You was right on the money about Rule! Fantastic customer service! I went to thier website and submitted a parts question and the next morning one of thier customer service reps emailed me and said he was shipping me out a new sump and also threw in a new spare check valve in case I needed one in the future.

Talk about amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 am 
Mental Floss

I'm glad it's working out. Relish this repair. Rarely are they as easy or inexpensive on boats :wink:

I normally rejoice if something breaks or needs repair and the fix comes in at under $500

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:01 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

As promised Rule shipped me the new sump and I replaced it today. Guess what? I still have a leak!

The hose that runs from the outside of the sump box to the thru hull is leaking water. There is a one way check valve in the bilge pump that will not allow water reversion into the sump (good thing) but the water is standing in the hose and for what ever reason I can't get the hose tight enough so that it doesn't leak water.

I will take it apart tomorrow when I get home from work, I am going to coat the nipple on the sump box with black RTV and then attatch the hose and clamp it. Once the RTV is cured that should remedy any leakage.