www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:38 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

I took some photos today after I figured out how it came off. This may be similar to the 258 and 268 as well.

To remove the mirror, lift the whole assembly straight up untill it comes off the retainers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:29 pm 
Shark

on my 258 it comes off in the same way.
Brett referring to your post of the discharge valve for black water, yesterday I made a trial: I took the black water discharge valve (into the engine compartment) opened while boating - at any speed, all the day.

I'm still here... :D ...the 258 didn't sink. Clearly before leaving the marina and the boat unattended for the full week I closed the valve. (unassembling the sun bed, removing the carpet, opening the compartment, entering the compartment, getting dirty, closing the compartment, ......... :x )

hi
Oscar

previous boats:
1998 FW 258 Vista
2003 Saver 690 Cabin Sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:19 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

Oscar,

Do you mean the overboard discharge valve? (the BIG Sea Cock) if so, do NOT drive the boat with it open! That is a big no no, Federal Crime I do beleive...

The "Raw water intake" marked as "Toilet Water" is the valve I am speaking of. It's a much smaller seacock and feeds the toilet with raw sea water. The big sea cock (1 3/4") is the discharge valve and MUST be locked or physically secured to prevent accidental opening. Opening a black water discharge valve on US waterways is illegal unless you are more than 3-5 miles off shore in the atlantic or pacific ocean. It's illegal to dump black water anywhere in the great lakes or any other inland lake system.

Just want to make sure we are on the same page here, I don't want to see anyone get in trouble with the coasties, the feds or the local boys.

oscar wrote:
on my 258 it comes off in the same way.
Brett referring to your post of the discharge valve for black water, yesterday I made a trial: I took the black water discharge valve (into the engine compartment) opened while boating - at any speed, all the day.

I'm still here... :D ...the 258 didn't sink. Clearly before leaving the marina and the boat unattended for the full week I closed the valve. (unassembling the sun bed, removing the carpet, opening the compartment, entering the compartment, getting dirty, closing the compartment, ......... :x )

hi
Oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:21 pm 
AGE < LOA

Thanks for the pics brett! Hey, so it looks like that port has a notch like mine so what did you use to pull? it open? Mine might be a bit suborn being that it's 6 yrs older than yours so I just want to be sure.

Thanks man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:58 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

mkivbren wrote:
Thanks for the pics brett! Hey, so it looks like that port has a notch like mine so what did you use to pull? it open? Mine might be a bit suborn being that it's 6 yrs older than yours so I just want to be sure.

Thanks man.

Bren,

Don't pull on the port lid, it's threaded :) you twist the lid out and it's regular right handed threads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:22 am 
Shark

hi Brett,
the intake of raw water for toilet it's not a trouble...I always keep it open while boating. The real trouble for me is the black water discharge: the big seacock in the engine compartment...in Italy its not a federal crime to discharge black water, clearly it's really very unpolite...but in case of need....if my daughter needs to piss and the black water tank is full she enters the lake and piss into the lake...I think that definitely the result is the same.... :lol:

Oscar

previous boats:
1998 FW 258 Vista
2003 Saver 690 Cabin Sport