www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:53 pm 
Minnow

Just starting to play around with a "new to us" 2005 378. A few questions for my fellow boaters:

- It doesn't seem as if the subwoofer is functioning. I’ve attempted to switch the Clarion XMD3 to any function other than "rear" to adjust the subwoofer level (per the owners manual), however I lose all of the speakers in the cockpit area unless the head unit is set to “rear.” Am I missing something?

- Does anyone know where the Clarion amp is located on the 378? I had trouble finding it in the easy-to-access places.

- Is there a power switch for the TV antenna? Reception is not very good (I can get a better signal using rabbit ears at my dock).

- Has anyone replaced the Sharp LCD TV's with a TV that has an integrated HDTV tuner? Unfortunately, the Sharp model uses an unusual 12V DC to AC adapter that won’t work with other models I’ve come across. I did manage to find some HDTV’s that will fit, but it seems difficult to route the new power cord for the galley TV without tearing apart the cabinetry. Also, routing the power cord for the stateroom TV seems like a difficult task.

- The air horn suddenly stopped working. I can hear a motor (compressor) run, but the horn is very weak. Is this a potential DIY repair?

Sorry for all of the questions, but we're just getting her ready for the season. This forum has been tremendously helpful.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:43 am 
Seahorse

Regarding the horn, I experienced the same thing with my '06 378 last weekend. I removed the ends of each horn, dryed the plastic membrane and it worked fine. I didn't experience this at all last year but we have had some pretty heavy rains in Michigan so far this year.

Enjoy your 378!!! We love ours.

Mac Ray Harbor