www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alcholol Stove ???
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:10 am 
Andiamo

HAs anyone ever used the ALcohol stove in the cabin that can tell me what I am doing wrong? I am currently on our 1st overnight of the season, "On the Hook" and boy did I need a cup (or 2) of coffee when I woke up an hour or so ago. So I put the camp style percolator coffee pot on the magma grill, and it is taking forever for it to perc, so I decide after 3 years with the boat to finally try to get the ALcohol stove going to get this coffee to perc faster! We got the electric stove with the optional alcohol burner in it for this purpose, but I had heard it was so dangerous to use, that I never tried it out before. So this morning, craving caffiene, I read the instructions, unscrew the fill hole, put in 4oz of "Stove ALcohol" since the instructions say the max fill is 6oz, and I try to light it like the instructions say using one of those long grill lighters, and NOTHING!! Do I need to put more alcohol fuel in, or am I doing something else wrong! MEanwhile, while I was fooling around with the stove, the pot finally started to perc on the magma grill. Ahhh, I feel much better now, but still wonder what is with the stove??