www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:02 pm 
Minnow

Does anyone have the original instruction manual for the Guest spotlight that was installed on 2000 and later Vistas? I bought a used 2000 268 Vista with a Guest spotlight and I think it is wired wrong and I want to check it out. According to the Four Winns parts page on their site, it is a Guest #296-60-B spotlight with a Guest #U-3809 joystick control. I called Guest (Marinco) and the told me that the #296 models were replaced by the 502 model. They sent me the instruction manual but it doesn't seem to give great wiring diagrams. They said they have nothing on the 296 model and the joystick. I think the wiring problem is at the joystick on the helm although I can't be sure. There was a 10 amp fuse in the spotlight position in the fuse block and it calls for only a 5 amp. I took out the 10 amp and put in a 5 amp and it immediately blew. I put a 10 amp back in and it works. The power & ground to the joystick comes off of the back of the helm circuit breaker by the ignition. It has a 10 amp in-line fuse. When I take out the fuse, the spotlight still works completely (don't know where power is getting to switch). Also, the spotlight comes on anytime (ignition off, battery switch off). Is everyone else's like this? If anyone can help with suggestions or copies of the instructions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:20 pm 
Andiamo

aquamak, I scanned my Guest Spotlight instruction manual to a PDF file, but I am having trouble figuring out how to attach the pdf file to this reply???. I have the Guest Model 296-57 spotlight with the joystick control panel.

If you think this will help, please let me know your email address, and I will send you the PDF file.

Jim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:09 pm 
Minnow

Jim:

Thanks for your help. I will give it a shot. My e-mail is makurilla@comcast.net.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:13 pm 
Andiamo

O/K, I'll email it to you in just a minute! Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:25 pm 
AGE < LOA

Sounds like you might not have the OEM light. I just installed a guest stainless light that has both fog and spotlight. It had a heavier gauge wire harness for the power and ground wires and two additional wires then the factory wiring. Now the factory wiring plugged right in but that was obviously for a different light because brett confirmed that his oem light doesnt have a foglight option. I had to run new wire which was a serious PITA, it involved dropping the ceiling panels and trying like hell with the fish wire to hit the small opening in front of the shower from the fusebox. Sounds like they wired it directly to the battery for whatever reason. My light uses the 10 amp fuse while there was an existing 5amp in there for the original oem setup. I'd trace the wiring and wire it back into the dc panel and then just use the 10 amp fuse if the wiring doesn't get to hot when it's in use.