www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

1981 Four Winns 180 Marquise Cuddy PROJECT

This boat is probably the nicest looking project boat ever posted on the internet. This boat has a solid floor, solid stringers, a very nice interior and an exceptional hull. The only thing that is/was wrong with it was a partially rotten transom around the outdrive hole. In fact it was 85% solid wood and honestly, I should have never torn the boat apart. As it is the boat is literally in pieces and ready for a handy person to put it back together. It will need the transom wood replaced and reglassed. Then the rest of the boat will need to be reassembled.

All the old wood is out of the transom, so the hard and messy work is done. All the marine grade plywood required to finish the transom is included.

The only reason I am selling this project is due to life changing events coming up and I won’t have the time to finish it anytime soon.

The cap is currently separated from the hull. This was to allow full access to the transom to do a proper repair.

The boat is powered by a 165 HP Inline 6 Mercruiser motor…this is the Chevy 250 ci motor. One of the best marine motors ever used. The motor is exceptionally clean and runs like a top. It is currently out of the boat. The outdrive is the Mercruiser pre-Alpha style and is also in good working condition and has a new prop.

The boat is sitting on a nice, original EZ-Loader roller trailer. The trailer works great for loading and tows very nice down the road. It has nearly new tires on it.

This boat was in 100% working order when I started to dig into the transom replacement project.

If you are interested in getting this wonderful, solid, boat back on the water send me a PM. We can arrange a time for you to come look at the boat and see for yourself how nice it is.

I am NOT interested in parting this out. I will only sell the whole package.

I wish I had the time to get this one finished. I really like the boat and enjoyed the time I was able to use it. It is an exceptionally designed hull that handles waves like a much bigger boat, although, at 18’ it is easy to store and tow.

I have clean title, boat registration and trailer registration in hand.

I'm putting it up for $2500 just to see what interest there is.

It is located in Dorr, MI.