www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2003 170 For Sale
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:29 pm 
Mental Floss

All:

Anyone interested in a well priced nice 2003 170? I've placed it on Ebay and the buyer in Canada refused to honor his bid. The claim is that the bid was issues by his son who logged in to his account and placed it in the last 3 minutes thinking he was doing him a favor. Anyway, until I can get it resolved with Ebay, I'm out the value fee and the listing fees, about $150 so I thought I'd try here.

2003 170 Freedom. 3.0L Volvo GS/SX power. New gimbal bearing. I've added a compass, LED cockpit light, 12VDC outlet, Fireport, cockpit cover, bow cover. Trailer has new radial tires and I've added a spare (radial of course)

110.5 hrs on the meter. A bit of fading on some of the seats and a small crack or two on the helm seat.

If some one is interested, I could possible make arrangements to pull it a bit north.

NADA has it high retail at $10,100, BUCNet at $10,600. I can hardly find time to use my 288 Vista so this one is sitting and the wife wants it out of the garage so, I'll take $8000 for it.

Here are some pics

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:20 pm 
McLovin

wow looks just like my 07 except for the pass side dash. That is weird it needed a new gimbal in 100 hrs? what happened. I put about 100 hours a year on mine should i be worried?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:32 am 
Mental Floss

The zerk fitting was straight out the right side on the transom shield and the space between the hull and zerk would not allow a grease gun to be put on and the bearing greases. It appears the previous owner never greased it. I replaced the zerk with a 45 deg one so it can be reached. The bearing was "noisy" so I replaced it pro actively rather than wait for a failure and ruin a day on the water

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"