www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:42 pm 
email admin your custom rank

captkevin wrote:
We sold our last boat last September on craigslist in less then a week. Made a nice profit & cost to sell was 0. It if is in good condition & priced right it will sell. No reason to give a cut to anyone else.

Depends. My Stingray was valued at around 16-17 tops. Sold for 21k overseas (on Yachttrader). Buyer wired money to broker, gave title to transport company, went to broker's bank and got 19k cash all within an hour.

I sold my H180 on CL and it was a pain. Took about 20 "dreamers" and tons of wasted time. I'm going to ask my marina what their fees are.

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:03 pm 
Minnow

jntwlsn wrote:
Well, the wife and I decided to list the boat for sale. I have been bouncing the idea around since last summer for the following reasons:

1. We don't use it much anymore. Why?
a. Kids start school in early August for the past 3 years. This gives us about 8 weeks of summer vacation. We travel to Lake Mead and Lake Mohave along the Colorado River for 3-5 day trips due to the 5-6 hour drive.
b. The kids are involved in high school sports and clubs which require a lot of weekend committments.
c. Wife's work schedule has changed so 3-day weekends are out.
2. I hate the idea of paying the note, insurance, and storage for something I am not using.

Wife and I are pretty bummed out about it (haven't told the kids and won't until sold) because we all really love having the boat but with in that last 3 summers we have used the boat less than 10 times.

I know this is the worst time of year to sell and don't expect to do so until next summer. I'll try CL, Yacht Tader, and Boat Trader. If that doesn't work than a broker.

Have any of you felt this way? If you did, why did you sell or not sell? Also, if you ahev sold a boat in the past, how close to NADA did you get on the sale of your boat. I owe less than what NADA lists as the boat's worth.

I know it's a small little lake but perris is pretty close to you. I live in Oceanside, and it takes me about an hour to get there, so 20ish minutes from you. Obviously it's nothing compared to Mojave, and the rift raft is pretty high there but it's still nice for day trips. Do you go to cottonwood cove? That's the only place on mojave I've been but it sure was nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm 
Clownfish

When I sold my previous boat I got responses, looky-loos, low-ballers, and then a buyer from my Craigslist ad. All of the advertising I paid for resulted in absolutely no responses whatsoever. This was on a 2003 Regal 2200 (similar, but older and smaller) and I sold it in July (peak boating season) so your mileage may vary.

As far as pricing goes, my boat was in excellent pricing so I priced it above NADA Average Retail to reflect the condition (about $5000 above.) I obviously came down on my price some, but I was still able to sell it for about $1500 over NADA "Average Retail."

Honestly though, I wouldn't hold out much hope on finding a buyer until the Spring, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:00 am 
email admin your custom rank

My marina wants $400 to put my boat on consignment. That $400 includes a full detail, mechanical inspection, and gas for test rides. Their "cut" is 10% on the top of the sale or for my boat, roughly $2400 to sell it!!!!

They can kiss my a**!!!

2003 Chaparral 215 SSI - sold
2009 Stingray 195CS - sold
2000 Four Winns H180 - sold
1976 O'day Daysailer II - sold

Rick's Four Winns H180 Mods/Upgrade Thread