www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:30 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I just purchased a new, in box, trailerable mooring cover for a 2007 H220 hoping it would fit my 2005 210 Horizon (essentially same boat). Well, it almost fit perfectly, however the bimini setup must be different. Therefore my loss is someone else's gain. The cover goes over the rub rail and ratchets tight under the swim platform. It has cutouts for 4 cleats (not the midship cleats). It has cutouts for the bimini poles. Looks like a great cover and I am bummed it will not work for me. Has Four Winns logos on both sides and at stern. Bought if from a former four winns dealer who got it in for a customer, but the customer never came in for it. It has the anti-pooling support system too. Everything included.

$375 plus shipping. Retail is undoubtedly twice that.

Similar to this but for a H220 (that looks like it might be a 240 in the pic and obviously the boat in the pic has the tower)
(http://www.boatingabc.com/forums/ubbthr ... cover.html)

2005 210 Horizon
5.0L GXi
"Don't Think Twice"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:58 pm 
I am interested in taking this off your hands, but not sure how to proceed with contact info? Also our boat has a tower...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:49 pm 

CaptainJack wrote:
I am interested in taking this off your hands, but not sure how to proceed with contact info? Also our boat has a tower...

I don’t think this will work for a boat with tower. That’s a different cover. My cover has cutouts for bimini but not tower.

I actually posted this on the four Winns page on Facebook as well. So I am going to follow a tip from someone on there to see if I can modify my Bimini to go outside the windshield frame. If this works, I’ll report back.

2005 210 Horizon
5.0L GXi
"Don't Think Twice"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:13 pm 
Starfish

I have the same cover as pictured in the link that you posted. It is a cover that can only be ordered thru a Four Winns dealer, made by Outer Armor ( http://commercialsewing.com/products/ma ... le-covers/). In 2015 it cost me $850 plus $25 in shipping. Chaparral also uses it, as that's where I saw it first on my brother in law's 2012 model 216.

Anyhow, these have the cutouts meant for the ski tower, not the bimini top. I've found that if I fold my bimini down, the cover works fine and looks great. It's not 100% waterproof like the tan OEM mooring cover that came with my boat, but at least this one can be used when trailering, or in it's slip, as I use it for.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 am 
Hi SchoolsOut. Any luck on making the cover work or is it still up for grabs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:10 am 
Starfish

Here's what it looks like on a 210. Note I had to lay the bimini top down underneath and you can see the hump.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 pm 

CaptainJack wrote:
Hi SchoolsOut. Any luck on making the cover work or is it still up for grabs?

It is installed on the boat. It fit well after I relocated the bimini mounts to outside the windshield. A little bit of a project, but worth it. Check on Ebay. There seems to be some out there to be had.

Here is a pic before the bimini relocation. I'll take a couple pics next time I get out to the boat.

2005 210 Horizon
5.0L GXi
"Don't Think Twice"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:35 pm 
Looks very sweet. I think I have found a company to make me a custom cover in Washington State. Company is called Evolution Covers and has great reviews. Small shop where you get to speak to the owner!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 am 
Starfish

Schoolsout, it appears we have the same cover. Excellent cover, especially for towing with it on. Please post the pics of your relocated bimini cover mounts, as I'd like to see how it worked out for you.

As for CaptainJack, too bad you couldn't have landed this cover. The two cutouts that the manufacturer put in are meant for the ski tower, per my conversation with them after I bought the cover and found it didn't fit my bimini properly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 pm 

CaptainJack wrote:
Looks very sweet. I think I have found a company to make me a custom cover in Washington State. Company is called Evolution Covers and has great reviews. Small shop where you get to speak to the owner!

That sounds good. I spoke with a local canvas shop about making a cover similar to this for me, but he had not made one in the past and did not have any template to build from so he decided not to take the job. It was around that time that I found the workaround with my bimini so I guess it worked out. I look forward to seeing what your canvas guy comes up with. I am a big fan of "shop small," it just turns out that it did not work out for me. I'm not exactly in a big marine market.

2005 210 Horizon
5.0L GXi
"Don't Think Twice"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 pm 

Linecapt wrote:
Schoolsout, it appears we have the same cover. Excellent cover, especially for towing with it on. Please post the pics of your relocated bimini cover mounts, as I'd like to see how it worked out for you.

As for CaptainJack, too bad you couldn't have landed this cover. The two cutouts that the manufacturer put in are meant for the ski tower, per my conversation with them after I bought the cover and found it didn't fit my bimini properly.

I will have the cover off within the next couple of days. I'll take some pics and post.

2005 210 Horizon
5.0L GXi
"Don't Think Twice"