www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Boat Purchase
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:11 pm 
Tadpole

We recently purchased our first Four Winns boat. It is a 2005 268 Vista. We bought the boat as a left over 2005 in April of 2006. We love the boat. I am a little sceptical on the service that will be provided from the dealership that I purchased it from. We bought it from B&E MArine in Wildwood, NJ.

To date we have had several issues that have yet be be resolved completely. Has anyone out there ever purchased from this dealer or have any knbowledge about there service reputation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:54 pm 
ShanMan

I'm a new FW owner, but from I can tell FW (themselves) will stand behind their products.

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm 
Sting Ray

Four winns will stand behind their products, but B&E is HORRABLE after the sale. I wound up taking my boat to Clews & Strawbrige for proper service after many phone calls to FW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:48 pm 
Tadpole

I agree with you about B & E.

I have severed all ties with B & E and I am now dealing with Four Winns direct so these matters can be resolved. I am also spreading the word throughout my marina, the NJ Boating Community, and with anybody else who is interested in the Four Winns product or who will even listen.

Thank you for your reply it was much appreciated.

Post subject: B&E Marine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:12 pm 
Tadpole

ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OF B&E MARINE, PLEASE CONTACT THE SALES MANAGER ROBERT MINNICH FOR AN EXPLANATION. 609-522-6440/ HTTP://WWW.B-EMARINE.COM / SALES@B-EMARINE.COM. WE STAND BEHIND EVERY BOAT WE SELL, AND ALWAYS ASSURE THE CUSTOMER IS COMPLETELY SATISFIED!

Last edited by bemarine on Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:13 pm 
Tadpole

HTTP://WWW.B-EMARINE.COM
609-522-6440
SALES@B-EMARINE.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:37 pm 
AGE < LOA

Curious what issues you've had thus far?

Post subject: issues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:29 am 
Tadpole

We really have not had issues, aside from little minor complaints here and there. A previous customer of ours was not happy with the service we provided to him, and he posted his complaint on this website, so I just put our contact info on the page in order to give people a chance to speak with us, and not be influenced by something an upset customer wrote on a web page. We stand behind everything we do, and most of the time go above and beyond what is needed in order to keep our customers happy. Unfortunately we just cannot please everyone!

Post subject: Issues
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:55 am 
Tadpole

Let me tell you about a couple of the issues. Although there were way too many to post there are several that should be brought out. Lets start with the attitude and professioanlism of the owner. When I went to pick up my boat for delivery she and the sales manager, at that time (Mark), tried to deliver me a filthy dirty boat that wasn't even washed never mind detailed. The rugs were filty and and covered with mildew. The sunpads on the bow were covered with mildew. The crome inside and out was pitted and lacked shine and luster. When I asked to speak with the owner, Mark went to get her. When she got to the top of the dock and saw that my wife and I were with other people she then refused to talk to me and went back to her office. In addition to the dirty boat we noticed that there were other problems. The canvass was not fitted correctly and was badly weather from the marina's lack of care over the winter. Apparently they didn't shrink wrap or care for the vessel at all during the winter months. The bottom paint wasn't done correctly. Most recently after winterizing this year I noticed that they didn't even take the time to prep or prime the bottom prior to applying the bottom paint. That was evident after I hauled the boat for winterization and it was pointed out by marina's service department. Getting back to the delivery. They also tried to deliver me that boat when they knew wasn't up to USCG safety standards. Luckily for me, the family member that was with me was very versed in the safety standards. Once the sales manager, Mark, learned that my family member was a licensed Master Captain and boat surveyor, he then became very appologetic for the marina and pledged to get it right for the next delivery since I was absolutely refusing to take the boat in this condition.

After thinking about the entire day I contacted a District Sales Manger at Fourwinns to discuss my situation with him. He heard my problems and assured me that it would be rectified. That same day I received a phone call from the owner of B&E (Michele). She then verbally began to yell and scream at me over contacting Fourwinns. She was using foul and abusive language. Notwithstanding the fact that she was treating me like a child never mind a buyer of a NEW BOAT. I replied back to her in a similar fashion. I probably shouldn't have but I did. If it wasn't for the fact that I had already closed on the boat and made payments she probably would still have it because I would have backed out of the deal at this point. That same day or maybe the day after Mark called me back and was once again appologetic and promised that it would be done right and a new delivery was set for the next week.

The second delivery came. The boat looked like it should have for the delivery. However, there was still the canvass issues that needed to be addressed. Mark promised that there service department would install a new one at my marina. I received this in writing because I didn't trust B&E at this point. While we were on vacation a mechanic from B&E (Kevin) came to my marina and installed a new canvass. It was not fitted correctly, it leaked very badly. That was evident by the photos that I took of the water in the cockpit. So much water that after a storm the rugs were completly saturated. Getting back to the installation of the canvass. Kevin went as far as to damage the new side curtains by placing double snaps to cover up where he didn't align the first set of snaps properly. I then contacted B&E again. Mark advised me that Michele said that was the best they would do.

I subsequently severed all ties with them. I contacted Fourwinns again. Thanks to FW Customer service, my issues were resolved. The sent me a new canvass and they had a canvass installer in my area install it. I can not say enough about Fourwinns or their product. But I surely can't say the same for B&E. I would strongly recommend finding another FW dealer if you are in the market.

Sorry this was so long but I did shorten it. There were other issues too that were resolved by FW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:16 am 
email admin your custom rank

What's really sad about this, is that in my 3 years of boating experience, this seems to be the norm rather than the exception. I have purchased three different watercraft and am 1 out of 3 in what I would classify as a "good" experience. This is a really sad fact considering the difference between a good and bad experience is a mere small effort on behalf of the dealer to treat people how they would expect to be treated. I wish I had the financial resources to purchase my own boat dealership and marina. So I could treat people the way I want to be treated. Is it really that hard? If boat dealers just followed the golden rule. I mean, would they expect to buy a new boat and then find it completely filthy?

Geographically, I probably would never buy a boat from this dealer, but now I know I wouldn't.

"Where Da Go"
2002 248 Vista
Lafayette, IN
http://blueoceanlife.worldventures.biz