www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 pm 
email admin your custom rank

beyond the blue wrote:
Bill
The method you suggest, is the way I've always done it, but when I tried to use that method on Tuesday to put photos in my Ooops thread in the Banter section I got the file warning message hence the rather small pics. I have just tried a sample post now and didn't get the message this time. Very confusing!! :?

That's exactly what happened to me. That's what prompted me to come over to this thread and start asking questions.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:24 pm 
wkearney99

beyond the blue wrote:
Bill
The method you suggest, is the way I've always done it, but when I tried to use that method on Tuesday to put photos in my Ooops thread in the Banter section I got the file warning message hence the rather small pics. I have just tried a sample post now and didn't get the message this time. Very confusing!! :?

When I uploaded mine they were from the original Nikon D40 full resolution. Photobucket didn't care. When I composed the message I did not use the editing tools on this site. I simply copied the IMG code text from PB and pasted it as text into my message. I use the plain text editor, not the fancier one. Words best express without all the formatting gibberish, I always say. So if that's not the steps you're using, try mine.

The one downside to using an external service is there's a chance the pictures will disappear. Should the site go offline or they get deleted to conserve space. For the convenience it's worth that small risk. I still have the originals and could repost them should needs arise.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:50 pm 

Location: Live Manchester England, Boat Aberystwyth, Wales, UK
wkearney99 wrote:
beyond the blue wrote:
Bill

When I uploaded mine they were from the original Nikon D40 full resolution. Photobucket didn't care. When I composed the message I did not use the editing tools on this site. I simply copied the IMG code text from PB and pasted it as text into my message. I use the plain text editor, not the fancier one. Words best express without all the formatting gibberish, I always say. So if that's not the steps you're using, try mine.

The one downside to using an external service is there's a chance the pictures will disappear. Should the site go offline or they get deleted to conserve space. For the convenience it's worth that small risk. I still have the originals and could repost them should needs arise.

This is the picture size I tried to post on Tuesday and I've done it the same method, this time without a limit warning showing. So it looks like the problem as sorted itself out. Impulse if you read this post maybe you can put a sample picture up to see if it works for you this time.

Thanks Bill
PS I just got the D90 (great camera)

"If we improve with age I'm now excellent"

Ex 1998 238 Vista 5.0Gi SX DP
Lexus RX300

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:48 am 

When I upload pic's to photobucket I resize them to a smaller size because I primarly use them on this site. Here's a test:

It's working fine now. Didn't have to resize the image hosted on photobucket. I just saw the warning that one time.