www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thread Jacking!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:24 am 
Minnow

Apparently certain people don't know what this is and how rude it is to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:58 am 
Andiamo

TamNJer, I saw this post last night, and thought it was out of line, but did not want to respond, but then this morning I saw your post on the other thread regarding factory service manuals, and I have to say a few things. First of all it seems to me that you hijacked your own thread over there, and should have left it alone on this thread, which is probably where you objection belongs, ie "Forum Issues".

Secondly, I have to wholeheartedly agree with 230 Mike and MdRobins35 in their responses to you on the other thread. For someone who has only been in this group for 1 week, you have jumped to conclusions pretty fast.

This happens to be a GREAT forum! All the posts have been full of excellent advice, and great encouragement for many. I think we all agree with you that Hijacking a thread is rude, however many times a slight variation from the exact original question, is helpful and gives "Food For Thought".

Please do not turn this forum into a fiasco like so many others. I think everyone here shows a Great deal of Respect for each other, and I would like to see it stay that way. If you have an issue to take up with someone, then I suggest you discreetly use the PM feature. I have done that where I had some conflicting info to a post, and I wanted to clarify the facts without contradicting or embarassing either myself or the other member.

If you do not like this board then try the Boat US board where the lack of respect shown to each other is the dominant theme!

I for one would like to keep this board the way it is and not inhibit someone from posting for fear that they will be accused of hijacking if their response does not exactly measure up to the original expectation. Remember this forum is not your personal Hot Line!