www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2008 H210 Blower tubing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 am 
Minnow

This weekend I noticed the blower tube was broken in half and just laying in the engine bay of the boat. I think it should be connected together and attached to one of vents under the transom cover, but I couldn't find any pictures or information in the motor/boat manual. I have the Volvo 5.7L Gi. Can anyone confirm this tubing should be coupled back together and attached to one of the vents? If anyone has a picture that would be even better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:32 am 
email admin your custom rank

One vent hose should be connected to the blower motor, which is on the port side upper transom. This hose extends down to the bilge area and is just an open hose at that point. It sucks the fumes from the lower bilge area and out thru the blower motor and thru one of the vents located in the recessed area under the sunpad.

The other vent will have a short hose that allow fresh air to be pulled into the engine compartment and it is not attached to the blower motor and ends much higher on the interior transom.

Both hoses are open ended in other words.....if you can post a pic of what your seeing. Is the hose broken in half or are you just seeing the lower end of the hose at the bilge area?

If you crawl in the engine compartment and twist your head like an owl, you should be able to see the hose from the bilge (looks like a dryer exhaust hose) leading up to the blower motor. If that is a single hose with no breaks or rips then your good assuming the blower motor is working.

I have never had any issue with these hoses in any of the 4 boats i have had.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:05 pm 
Minnow

I will see if I can grab a picture this weekend. From memory.....there are two hoses coming from the blower motor. The one I am speaking about comes off the blower motor and the end is just laying on the floor of the engine compartment. Then I have a small piece (about 2ft long) that was hanging on to the vent under the sunpad by a little piece of tape and it was just dangling. It wasn't attached to anything. I figured maybe it was supposed to be connected to the hose that was lying on the floor of the engine compartment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm 
268 Vista

OurBeaught wrote:
Then I have a small piece (about 2ft long) that was hanging on to the vent under the sunpad by a little piece of tape and it was just dangling. It wasn't attached to anything. I figured maybe it was supposed to be connected to the hose that was lying on the floor of the engine compartment.

It is supposed to be connected. Get a new full length hose and attach from the blower to the vent. Not safe as it is now. No pictures necessary.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:03 pm 
Minnow

Thanks. That's kinda what I thought. The other end of the blower motor has ducting that appears to be routed correctly, but without this connection it appeared it was just venting the fumes back down into the engine compartment. I don't have any other ducting to draw in fresh air because the boat has 3 other vents directly above the motor that appear to do that work. These other vents are much larger than the vent the blower motor ducting was attached to.

I will stop by the marina this weekend to ensure this is fixed. Appreciate the feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 pm 
Goldfish

I have the rear panel off of mine for some upholstery repair this week. Here are a few pic's: