www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:41 pm 
Tadpole

I RECENTLY FILLED BOTH FUEL TANKS AND HAVE THE FUEL VALVES SET TO THE ON POSITION FOR EACH TANK AND THE MAIN LINE. IN THIS SETUP THE MANUAL STATES THAT BOTH PORT AND SB ENGINES ARE DRAWING FROM BOTH FUEL TANKS. AFTER TRAVELING ABOUT 45 MILES I NOTICED THAT MY FUEL GAUGES WERE DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT. i WAS ABLE TO ADD 30 GALLONS OF FUEL IN ONE TANK AND ONLY 9 GALLONS IN THE OTHER. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS ISSUE WHERE FUEL IS PRIMARILY BEING USED BY ONE TANK? ALSO, HOW ARE OTHERS USING THE FUEL TANK VALVES - ARE YOU HAVING EACH ENGINE DRAW FROM THEIR OWN TANK?

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS.

THANKS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:49 pm 
email admin your custom rank

off the grid wrote:
I RECENTLY FILLED BOTH FUEL TANKS AND HAVE THE FUEL VALVES SET TO THE ON POSITION FOR EACH TANK AND THE MAIN LINE. IN THIS SETUP THE MANUAL STATES THAT BOTH PORT AND SB ENGINES ARE DRAWING FROM BOTH FUEL TANKS. AFTER TRAVELING ABOUT 45 MILES I NOTICED THAT MY FUEL GAUGES WERE DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT. i WAS ABLE TO ADD 30 GALLONS OF FUEL IN ONE TANK AND ONLY 9 GALLONS IN THE OTHER. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS ISSUE WHERE FUEL IS PRIMARILY BEING USED BY ONE TANK? ALSO, HOW ARE OTHERS USING THE FUEL TANK VALVES - ARE YOU HAVING EACH ENGINE DRAW FROM THEIR OWN TANK?

THANKS.

The center valve should be closed, forcing each engine to draw from it's own tank. Genny will draw from the port tank.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm 
Tadpole

firecadet613 wrote:
off the grid wrote:

THANKS.

The center valve should be closed, forcing each engine to draw from it's own tank. Genny will draw from the port tank.

I agree. Hey hey I got a post.........!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:12 pm 
Guppy

I presently have a 07 V378 with the same issue. Did you fix your issue? If so what did you do? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:18 am 
Shark

Fuel transfer is achieved by gravity and level of the boat. If the boat is listing to the port side, more fuel will begin to transfer to the port tank since gravity will pull it in.
Recommend always keeping the transfer line closed for these reasons.

1. If fuel becomes contaminated in one tank, you can still motor home on the other.
2. List, wave action, and/or turning of the boat will cause fuel to transfer to the lower side of the boat making one tank heavier and causing a continuous transfer based on the list of the boat.

Only transfer fuel when needed and then shut the valve back off.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:28 am 
email admin your custom rank

TheDanceII wrote:
Fuel transfer is achieved by gravity and level of the boat. If the boat is listing to the port side, more fuel will begin to transfer to the port tank since gravity will pull it in.
Recommend always keeping the transfer line closed for these reasons.

1. If fuel becomes contaminated in one tank, you can still motor home on the other.
2. List, wave action, and/or turning of the boat will cause fuel to transfer to the lower side of the boat making one tank heavier and causing a continuous transfer based on the list of the boat.

Only transfer fuel when needed and then shut the valve back off.

It's really a crossover valve, allowing the engines to draw fuel from either tank, not taking a transfer valve.