www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battery Hatch
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:44 pm 
Tadpole

I was wondering if any of you had a good place to get after market body parts. I lost my port side battery hatch while towing my 2008 sl244 for her winter nap. I’m in North East, MD if anyone has any recommendations on a place I could find parts or a good fiber glass guy. Four winns no longer carries the part. Thanks in advance. Matt

Post subject: Re: Battery Hatch
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:33 am 
email admin your custom rank

Pretty specific part but you can try https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/ If it's a fiberglass part made by Four Winns you will probably not find it but keep trying, you never know.

I saw your other similar post. If it's a good fiberglass person they should be able to match the color, even faded, but it will never look like the one you had with the exact same fading.
I am not sure what the part looks like, is a very visible? Maybe you can cover it with something else, like vinyl that matches your seats. Can you recreate it with starboard or is it fiberglass molding? Any pictures on the boat?

Post subject: Re: Battery Hatch
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:38 pm 
Tadpole

Babbot1, I appreciate the feedback. I have local guy that says he can match the hatch. But I am not sure he understands the unique contour. Nonetheless, I’m going to have him look at it. He’s done some other fiberglass work for me. Obviously, the best option would be an exact replacement part. I will check out the link you sent me and see if I get lucky. Unfortunately it is a very visible spot and hard to hide.